Thursday, February 12, 2009

I am the master of my thoughts

I am reading The Secret. Yes, it’s a nice book. I remembered on my childhood poem – ‘If you think – YOU CAN’.

I have completed 50 pages of the book and I am confused. Yes, it is right that one should feel good inside and that will help you make your thoughts wise and good. You will receive optimistic response to what you want.
I was just trying to use this technique on my feelings. I decided to feel good. No matter what happens, I should feel good inside. So I decided to apply it to anything and everything that I am thinking.
As written in my last post – sometimes I just feel like to quit. I have reasons why I feel so but this time I decided to ‘think-good’.

Then I thought of the things which I never liked – why I don’t like those things/people? Basically in terms of people – I start feeling irritating if I see that whatever they think is the perspective which is way different than mine. Basically I believe whatever that my perspective is, is the only right perspective. I do try to understand the other person – I feel okay - may be he is right at his end because that person’s surroundings and the culture have influenced his thinking and hence he has that particular perspective and going further as long as that person keeps his perspective to his limits that’s fine – I can adjust with that person. But the moment he starts forcing it on me I start getting irritated in the presence of that person. Then I become Touch Me Not and I start avoiding him. For some reason, it goes to an extent of feeling distant and then I start feeling insecure in terms of my own freedom… I feel that I will loose my freedom and the very moment I start reacting. That reaction then makes me feel unhappy inside…. And I decide to quit.

Now in this whole process where is the chance to feel good? How should I convince myself that whatever happens, happens for good? Either I should adopt other person’s perspective and feel good (that means keep quite, accept everything that comes your way – feel good and distribute positive energy) or else fight. In fighting comes unhappiness of hurting somebody….

I donno… I need somebody this time to help me come out of my own dilemmas… May be the book itself can help me. I yet have to complete reading it.
So till the time I find out solution on my dilemmas, stay tuned!!!
J
Cheers,
Alpana

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice ........

Unknown said...

alright...naice