Tuesday, June 05, 2007

The Fighting Spirit.


Yesterday was Sunday and so I was all in a mood to rest at home for a day. My favorite day of the week! Being lazy – reading newspapers, watching television and if possible going out for a movie (once in a while!) – that’s what I do on Sunday. No pressure and nobody to command you or your schedules, Makes me feel as if I am the king of my life. Else during working days we are just dogs where we have no right to use even a minute of our life for ourselves; we are the slaves of clock and time.

Anyway, so the day started sleepily. I was reading all time favorite – Sunday Times when I read two articles which made me little disturbed or rather made me think of personalities that get built because of different experiences we face in life. And of course made me analyze myself.

One article was on – Rakhi Sawant in the supplement – Times Life
I was reading the article when I felt very bad for Rakhi Sawant. During her childhood she had to face many things – Broken relationships, slum locality (and hence the attitude of the people around) and so on. But she had the zeal to overcome it. I have seen very few people who actually want to overcome the problems in their lives. Rather they prefer to blame to those problems so as not to accept the responsibility of being cowards. Anyway, but she accepted the responsibility and went ahead. Now she is earning well on which her family is also surviving. As I was reading her interview, I felt proud for her that she struggled. She sorted out the ways and means by which she can earn.
I have seen her on screen and she is very motormouth, gimmicky and diplomatic. But why is she really like that? At one point of time in life she would also have been desperate to live her life happily. She would have also been willing to live life ordinarily but failed to do so. She also would have dreamt of her life partner, Prince Charly, but the society and the practical facts of life never allowed her to accomplish it. But still a part of her is ordinary and simple, she wants to live life at its fullest but now no feelings for romance and relationship.

But why has she actually become like this and is there anybody in the world who can really understand her? She has become like this because of the experiences she had to face and because of the hard times she had to suffer. Can anyone really understand the basic blocks that built her personality?
Its not only Rakhi Sawant – there are many such personalities in the world. Rakhi Sawant is famous because of what she does and also because she in on screen. There many other gals who have chosen some other means of earning by way of completing education and starting their career and finding good jobs.

When you suffer in life for money, society barriers during your childhood, it hurts. The hurt then converts into scars and you carry those scars in your heart for the life long. Even after your struggling period has ended, these scars remain as an edge of your personality and reflect from your day today activities through your attitude. But then you gain the confidence that you have overcome it and gain the confidence that even if life shows it again – you can stand. It gives you the entity in the world.


But again, I was reading another article
– I was reading an article – The Bandit Pride – Daughter of Veerappan – Vidya Rani. She had recently passed SSC examination with good marks. It’s an achievement and she has to be given credit for that. But what about her personality? She had seen cops being inhuman and insane with her mother. Her mother cannot actually stand continuously for 5 mins now. Every time she had been denied to get an admission in the schools, She had to change the schools, she had always been a center of attention and I ask why and what for? Was it her fault of being a daughter of Veerappan? Situations may differ. Rakhi Sawant faced something else and she has become like that – moofat – Bindhaast (may be she went to an extreme end of life) and now – Vidya Rani. I learnt that she is introvert and shy. But these experiences definitely going to affect her personality while she is growing. Of course they will be positive – as she will have courage to face anything that the life might give her way and she has yet traveled half a distance of her life.
But I am worried – how she will handle it now? This is the start and she has to travel miles yet. I don’t know how her personality will grow – but I would like to see her being aggressive rather than being introvert – I am worried. I would like to see her over coming all the barriers in life and gaining that confidence, the zeal to go ahead and stand – yes she has overcome one. But there are many like this to come her way.

Rakhi Sawant – an extreme end of a personality, the personalities of all those gals who have got stable after over coming their respective struggles and Vidya Rani the one going to come up with something else.
But I think one thing will be common in all those who have been succeeded to overcome the barriers of childhood struggle for money, family responsibilities & society is – the fighting spirit. And yes, the way Rakhi says and the way I agreed to it, one day Vidya will also say –
“ But I don't regret it since I am what I am today because of those circumstances “

8 comments:

Ritwik said...

Hi SIS.
Great to read your long facts, I liked reading them esp. this one - regarding Rakhi Sawant. Life teaches you... and life keeps on teaching you.. because it is life. We all are here to learn and to teach, to fall and to rise, to cry and to laugh. I hope I am not sounding TOO MUCH. But I mean it. I dont have any dreams simply because my dreams never allow me to sleep. Everyday is a challenge if you take it and everyday os a waste if you waste it.
Keep writing, I really am enjoying your posts.
Do comment on mines too...

Ritwik

Anonymous said...

Hi Alpana,
Good to know that you really think on what you read...keep this habit on..
As long as content matters I'm not at all agree with u.I feel that the person who suffers and come up in life with achievement wherein people feel proud is the only successful person. In this world many people have difficult or rather dirty childhood ; but if they all decide to come up in life the way Rakhi did...where this world will lead to???A dirty place...! Today when Rakhi comes on TV don't u feel ashamed of her? Don't u feel awkward if u r with your family? I would rather respect a girl who has come up in such a bad condition but earning less money.I truly feel the same way Ashok Hande says in his programme"Maharashtrachi Khant...Rakhi Sawant.....!"
By the way I liked your plans on sundays.....

Rgds,
Manasi

Alpana Kulkarni said...

Rutu:
Bro, thanks for your comments! No way u r sounding too much. You are perfectly right! You understood exactly what I mean to say. I think my little bro has really grown up! ;-)


Manasi:
Nice to see your true comments. What Rakhi is doing (or prefered the option to earn money) is altogether different issue. I have written there that she is an extreme character. That’s different thing and issue is altogether different. I have even mentioned there that there are many other gals who opted the means of education and have got settled in their jobs.
What I mean to say in the post is that those gals, who actually see the hard times during their childhood and then overcome it, are always confident. And the attitude that they carry towards life - is not the regret for what they have seen but that thankful to those circumstances that they (circumstances) taught them to stand and face the life. The circumstances have actually shaped their personality.

By the way, why dont you try to use my idea of Sunday? Just get the feel!

Anonymous said...

Hi Alpana,

I too had the same feeling towards Rakhi when read the material on TOI. We cannot empthazise with people like Rakhi, she or GOD knows the situations which they faced and came through and made them successfull.

But then everything has a certain side affect which will at certain instance will again get you back to the start. And then this becomes a Cycle. This is where we fall weak in front of circumstances.

My Point: "I should face what I have to face, But I should become a GOLD after burning and not coke. Both lives after burning, its only what I want to be matters."

Keep Smiling
Hrishikesh Bose

Anonymous said...

Something more to add:

Fighting spirit should be there, if u wanna live a lively life. But if unknowingly that takes a face of thron to others which we will not like, I dont think that fighting spirit is of any use. Whatever we do, gets back to us only. Yes if we wanna live the life of animals who dont feel, think and give damn to other, we may win our race, and that race will be the well known RAT RACE

Unknown said...

Hi Alpana,

Great to know about your nature by reading this article. It is understood that you will leave your foot print where ever you keep your foot. Please keep up the Spirit till you succeed and i am sure you will suceed. Keep posting good article which will definately inspire some one some where sitting and reading this article.

Wish you better luck for road ahead.

Alpana Kulkarni said...

Hi Hrishikesh,

I liked what u said - either gold or coke choice z ur's! Perfect. But Rakhi Sawant was just an example n no way I am commenting whether she is coke or gold. It’s everyone's look out. That’s different thing.
Yes u r right that if we use fighting spirit with people around u then there is no point. But this Fighting Spirit is not for what you do with the people. This fighting Spirit is to fight with the problems of life and keep morale high during the problems that one might face again in life. In short fighting spirit to fight with the problems of life to keep morale high n not to fight with others in such a way that it will convert into Rat Race.


Santosh :
I will be glad if my writing inspires somebody. But I write because I like to. That’s all!
Thanks buddy and wish u the same!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
A nice & straight-forward piece of writing, as if it's coming directly from heart. I had read the original article in TOI but ignored much of it as the 'cruel-world-crumpled-my-childhood-now-I-will-get-back' scenario usually dished out by those overnite celebrities touting their riches. And Rakhi Sawant is supposed to be similar, getting back at the world in her own ways, which may shock people with normal moral values.

But here you are, analysing her behaviour very positively, taking her side very definitely and bringing out her fighting spirit faultlessly. Though I sincerely agree with the spirit behind the soul, I beg to differ in the ways to show the spirit.

Certainly there are more constructive and less provocative ways to reach your goal than those chosen by Rakhi. And I feel she is trying to get back to the society, trying to teach a lesson to the people for what they had done in her childhood. It shows the fighting spirit but it also indicates some traits of revenge.

Here, I agree that the people who suffer, understand better and people sitting comfortably above the dirty world below shouldn't pass judgements like this. But still, with all my sensitivity & empathy I feel that people who suffer most, help & teach others like them how to best avoid sufferings by positive efforts like studies, hardwork, empathy, perseverance and most important a positive attitude towards the world.

I think I'm writing more than necessary but your sincere blog evoked such mixed feelings and I wanted to agree with you on the 'fighting spirit' front and at the same time wanted to emphasize that Rakhi shouldn't be considered as a Role Model by anybody, that I wrote all this. Hope you will forgive my overenthusiasm.
Thanks.
Sanjeev